Friday, May 1, 2009

The Bible for Dummies

Well, that's not what it's actually called but it should be! My new Bible is dummy-proof which is a good thing as I'm sort of a dummy when it comes to the Bible. The weekly sermons at my church have been following the book of Genesis since the beginning of the year. I've been learning so much and it's actually put a fire in my belly to learn more.

Not only did I settle on a study Bible but I found a fantastic life application study Bible that sets up each chapter with who authored it, who the audience is, timing, and a brief summary of the chapter. It also has a bio of each major player. Super cool! And, here's what I love, it ties all the lessons of the Bible to today and how we can apply them to everyday life.

So, my journey begins ...

No comments: