Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More Summer Fun

I can't believe it's 1.2.2010 and I'm playing catch up from the summer! We had a FUN summer! A little lowkey but we were busy bees just kickin' back and enjoying the break from school.

The boys attended two VBS's. Parkway Fellowship offered a wonderful evening option that we took advantage of (I already blogged about that) and we also attended Second Baptist's VBS. I saw 'we' because 'we' all attended. I volunteered to teach so all three of us had a wonderful week. The boys LOVED the experience, both really. Joey still watches the DVD from Parkway's VBS. Both he and Gavin are in it so I suppose that's why he can watch it over and over and over and over ... The boys also went to summer camp for a week at St. Peter's Church (this is the camp I got in line at 5 AM for!). It was from 9 to 1 so we all enjoyed that week! ; )
George and I were honored when Jennifer and Cameron invited Gavin to be the miniature groom at their wedding. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous! Jennifer was a gorgeous bride!
Joey was in awe of the belly dancer!

Gavin escorted Ava, Cameron's niece, down the aisle

My handsome guys!

We went to the beach. A LOT! Day trips with our besties and overnight stays when Daddy could join us. We even met up with the Flemings ... the boys adore spending time with Kaylie and Emily!

We had a ridiculous amount of fun when the Partlow's visited for a few days. We showed them the sights, well, the Aquarium anyway and did some swimming and alot of hanging out. The boys had a blast! As did I!

We wrapped up the summer with a family weekend at the Freeman's lakehouse in Sommerville. No pressure or anything Courtney and Kelly but we're really hoping this becomes an annual thing! = P
The kids were EXHAUSTED after a day on the lake

No comments: